We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Port to Holiday Inn Faetherston Street

Which Wellington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
963 posts
636 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Port to Holiday Inn Faetherston Street

I am dropping a car off at Europcar depot at the ferry port and staying the night at the Holiday Inn at Featherston Street. Is it possible to walk or do I need to get a taxi?

Thanks for any help.

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Port to Holiday Inn Faetherston Street

Yes, it is possible to walk. I often walk that way home. I walk briskly from a similar location - takes me 20 minutes. You can either walk along Aotea Quay, which will be quicker but is pretty boring, or you can go over the overpass to the Hutt Road and walk down Thorndon Quay. My favourite route is to walk up Tinakori Road, through the Lady Norwood garden for the blind, and down Molesworth St past Parliament.

www.wises.co.nz/#c/-41.272807/174.786086/15/ (note the map marks the park as Katherine Mansfield).

Otherwise, catch a bus from the Hutt Road - there is a stop right underneath the overpass. $2 will get you into town.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,020 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Port to Holiday Inn Faetherston Street

If your drop coincides woith an Interislander arrival catch the shuttle back to the Railway station and the HI is 5 minutes from the station. If it is a fine day it is not an unpleasant walk about 15 minutes along Aotea Quay which is flat back to the railway station

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
963 posts
636 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Port to Holiday Inn Faetherston Street

Many thanks to both of you for your advice. Seems like a walk is the answer!

Bob

4. Re: Ferry Port to Holiday Inn Faetherston Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 05:17