We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in wellington

Tecumseh, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay in wellington

My wife and I will be in Wellington for 2 nights for new years eve. We are in our 30's and wondering what area to stay in and what is a good hotel/hostel.

Thanks

Shawn

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in wellington

Your budget will determine that to a great extent. You will need to be in the centre of town where there are 3 star through to 5 star hotels. THe two hotels most likely to have good in house entertainment on New Years Eve are the Intercontinental and the Amora. There are however some of the country;s finest restaurants in downtown Wellington at least three have over recent years been voted top restaurant in the country.

Give us some idea of what style of hotel you want and want you want to do in the evenings.

There are no fireworks display or similar planned for Wellington

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
302 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in wellington

I'd suggest looking Cuba Street as a great location if you want inner city and like shops and cafes as this place I'd look at staying is on a funky street and walking distance from water front, Te Papa, bus routes, the beach and shops.

However so are most inner city hotels! This place I've put the link for below has two hotels next door to each other. I have not seen the rooms, check on Trip Advisor I guess, but the reception area is nice and it seems to me to be a mid range place as a option. http://www.hotelwellington.co.nz/

As bean notes - hard to say what to recommend when not sure what sort of things you like the most in somewhere to stay. Cheers

3. Re: where to stay in wellington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 18:15