We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at Vic Central, Terrace St. before?

Which Wellington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
3 posts
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at Vic Central, Terrace St. before?

I'm going to stay in Welly for 5 months and with a budget of 200/week for a single room, the choices are really limited. The more popular ones such as Lodgers lodge, hotel st george, taranaki 217 are all fully booked.

I've never been to Welly before and I'm hoping that someone will give some feedback abt the apartment as well as its location. Thanks!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,326 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at Vic Central, Terrace St. before?

The location is excellent, right in the centre of the city. It's close to Lambton Quay, the main shopping and business area, and to Victoria University. I have not been inside myself, but it looks more modern than the St George, and it's a better location than the other two.

Kuala Lumpur
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at Vic Central, Terrace St. before?

Thanks! That's really helpful. Will send them a mail and see if there are still any rooms available. *finger crossed*

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
30,889 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at Vic Central, Terrace St. before?

Have you thought of waiting until you arrive and looking for a flat share? A room can usually be had for around $100 pwk + a share of utilities.

Kuala Lumpur
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at Vic Central, Terrace St. before?

Hi, yes that's my initial thought, but later realized that there may be more troubles than hostel. $100 pwk is really cheap but so far I never come across one.. I prefer to stay in/around CBD.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,326 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed at Vic Central, Terrace St. before?

At the moment, I think a room in a flat is more likely to be about $150, just looking at the notices in my neighbourhood, which is fairly central. Maybe further out in the suburbs you might find a $100 room. However given that you're only staying a few months, I think renting an already furnished place is the way to go.

6. Re: Anyone stayed at Vic Central, Terrace St. before?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 00:00
7. Re: Anyone stayed at Vic Central, Terrace St. before?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:18