We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentines Day

Which Wellington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Central Coast...
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Valentines Day

My husband & I will be in Wellington for Valentines Day 2013. Can any locals suggest somewhere nice for dinner that has some kind of valentines special? I can't find much online & in my experience, the best things I've found in my local area have only been advertised by posters in a window or in the local paper... Thanks for your help!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentines Day

There is this

www.grabone.co.nz/wellington/molly-malones

I'll let you know if I spot others.

Auckland
Level Contributor
493 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentines Day

Try Logan Brown and Le Canard, they are both pretty pricey though.

Central Coast...
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentines Day

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll check them out :)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentines Day

Or for something really different, the Carter Observatory is holding a Valentines Day event.

carterobservatory.org/sites/…20email.pdf

Central Coast...
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentines Day

That sounds cool! Shame there's no dinner option but I'll still pass on the suggestion to my other half :) thanks!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentines Day

If you're wanting somewhere nice for dinner beforehand, Logan Brown (mentioned above) has an early evening menu for $45, which finishes at 7.30. That would mean you could get to the Carter Observatory by 8. The early evening menu is very popular because it's an economical way to eat at one of Wellington's more expensive restaurants, and it's a good option for pre-theatre dining, so you'd need to book.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentines Day

And here's another Valentines Day dinner

www.grabone.co.nz/wellington/la-cloche-3

8. Re: Valentines Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Wellington