We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good B&B in Wellington

Yallingup, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Good B&B in Wellington

I am looking for a quality B&B in Wellington that can accept 3 adults -preferably in 2 rooms. I have scoured the various sites but have founf very few of them have their own website and hence I cant get enuf info from the facilities.

Any suggestions??

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,430 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good B&B in Wellington

That is odd as I'm guessing the vast majority of B&B's have a website - take a look here www.newzealand.com/int/accommodation/search/

I can recommend Lambton Heights very highly - the house is gorgeous and the hosts welcoming http://www.lambtonheights.co.nz/index.html

Enjoy :)

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,111 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good B&B in Wellington

If one checks the reviews of the Wellington B & B's one can get a distorted view. For some years now the leading B & B's have been accused of enticing favourable reviews because of the importance of TA rankings. At one stage there was almost a battle raging about the accuracy of reviews instigated by each one's competitors. As a local I have never had the need to use them but take the reviews with a degree of scepticsm.

Yallingup, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good B&B in Wellington

Yes, I hear what you are saying. We also own a B&B in WA and find that though some reviews can appear biased, if oyu read enough of them you can get a 'feel' for the type of service they are providing. Unfortunately we all get a bad review here and there but generally speaking if there is an issue it will be raised by the majority.

Yallingup, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good B&B in Wellington

Thanks. I am sure you are correct but when I looked at TA for the B&B's in Wellington, quite a lot do not have a business listing, and hence it doesnt show their email or website and one only has a certain amount of time to spend on all this. The Lambton Heights looks lovely but there are 3 of us and dont really want to share a room and my sister-in-law is quite elderly so couldn't afford to pay a Single rate for the 2nd room.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good B&B in Wellington

Booklovers is a long-established and well-known B&B

http://www.booklovers.co.nz/

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,430 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good B&B in Wellington

Okay, now I am confused - you initially said you want two rooms now you say you can't afford a second room?

Have you asked Lambton Heights for their rates? I believe they are quite resonable considering the standard of accommodation offered.

If a quality B&B is too pricey perhaps a motel might suit. You can get a two bedroom unit for moderate cost.

Check www.wotif.com for discounts.

Best of luck :)

Yallingup, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good B&B in Wellington

Sorry, I didnt mean we cant afford it but I'm trying to keep HER costs down for her. We can make 'do' with a triple room for 1n if nec. It's just that with being away for 3wks we have to factor in the additional cost of flights between Nth Is and Sth Is as well. No, I havent asked them yet but I will do so (rates at Lambton).

Much appreciate your assistance.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good B&B in Wellington

Is it important that it's a B&B? There are hotels that offer a pretty good deal with breakfast included. Trinity Hotel and the Abel Tasman often have good room and breakfast deals, also the James Cook does sometimes.

Yallingup, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good B&B in Wellington

No, not really. I guess I just prefer them. But I will check out those other hotels too. I've sent an email off to Booklovers as they do have a Triple room. I know that often being a B&B, if you are quiet it makes no difference if you have 1 or 2 rooms so I'll see what they come up with.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good B&B in Wellington

Something that's not quite a B&B but has a very similar vibe is the quite wonderful Gourmet Stay - it is a sort of posh guest house above a cafe (which is where you can get breakfast and why its not doing B & B. They have a triple room ($185 for a Kingsize and a King single) or for $210 you could get the family room, which gives you a separate bedroom. It is now my go to place to stay in Wellington and they have a website http://gourmetstay.co.nz/.