We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wellington or Christchurch

Which Wellington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wellington or Christchurch

Hai, For a stopover for 4 days, we have to decide which city we fly on.Wellington or Christchurch ? Maybe some nice ideas for visits ?

Thanks Gaby from the Netherlands in Europe

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wellington or Christchurch

Hi Gaby- definatly ChCh! You could do a day trip up to Kaikoura for the Whale Watch. You could even stay at Hanmer Springs (Alpine Resort-2hrs north) for a night after the whale watch, hot water springs and wvisit Waipara wineries on the way home. Take the Trans Alpine train over to Greymouth on the West Coast and return in a day. There are also dolphin and penguin watch trips out at Akaroa (1 hr from ChCh). Akaroa is a lovely "french" village with cafes etc and it is a beautiful drive out there. There's the Antartic Centre at the airport and ChCh city itself is a lovely part of the country- plenty to fill in your days.

albany, ny
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wellington or Christchurch

Hello all,

I am a TA employee, and through the nominations submitted, this thread was brought to my attention. First, many compliments on the excellent material submitted here.

Second, I just wanted to let everyone know that I took my first shot at preserving this information in a format that will allow you to link to it without always having to "bump" it to the top. This is with our new TripAdvisor Inside feature, where anyone can edit and update information.

The page is here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255118-c3690/Christc…

To see (and edit/create) more Christchurch pages, go here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255118-s1/Christchur…

Again, this first pass was meant to be exactly that ... a first pass. From here, it's up to you to update and maintain the information, and add things I missed from the thread!!! :-)

Have a great day!

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wellington or Christchurch

Hi Gaby, welcome to the forum.

Nothing to add, but congratulations Zappers (...and she is a jolly good fellow....) and Egg Head is down and out I can see, hit by Cassius? Sorry Gaby. ChCh really is a great place to stay. Enjoy!

Tet{:o)-

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,750 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wellington or Christchurch

Consider the weather!

Christchurch will be colder.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wellington or Christchurch

Good try Hemi! :)

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wellington or Christchurch

Gaby, visit the thread on the ChCh forum, poster Hung. april 8.

Good luck.

Tet

7. Re: Wellington or Christchurch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 07:18