We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best website for ferries from Wellington to Picton

Which Wellington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
22 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Best website for ferries from Wellington to Picton

My husband and I will be traveling by ferry from Wellington to Picton on February 18, 2014. I have been comparing websites that offer tickets and have found some differences in prices (my husband is over 60). We will definitely be taking the interislander because of better choice of times (6:25 p.m.) I am wondering what would be the better website to go through. Experiencenz.com seems to be offering the cheapest price at $123.50 (on line special right now of 5% off). Any suggestions?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,035 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best website for ferries from Wellington to Picton

Why don't you deal directly with Interislander - $110 for a senior!

https:/…Select-Sailings.aspx

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best website for ferries from Wellington to Picton

I second going through the Interislander site. There is nothing to be gained by going through a third party.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
22 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best website for ferries from Wellington to Picton

Thanks for your replies. The interislander site is giving me a total of $125 for both of us with an additional $2 charge for using a credit card. I read somewhere that there was a cheaper price but only within New Zealand? We are coming from Canada and don't want to wait until we get over there to book the ferry since there is only one ferry time that is good for us. I guess I will try going with interislander just to be on the safe side.

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best website for ferries from Wellington to Picton

You should be fine booking once you get to NZ. By Feb 18 NZers are all back at school and work, so the ferries aren't in high demand. For a total of $4 extra - assuming I have read your numbers correctly - I would still deal with Interislander direct. Then if you need to change anything, upgrade etc, it will be easy.

5. Re: Best website for ferries from Wellington to Picton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 04:18