We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

Which Wellington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

Hi,

I want to know if anyone has hired a Jucy campervan in Wellington?

Firstly, how was your experience?

Secondly, has anyone hired the 'Condo' or the 'Casa' from wellington?

I have done the campervan/motorhome experience before and enjoy it but I'm having difficulty finding a hire place where I can pick up and drop off in Wellington - does anyone know another company that offers this hire in Wellington?

Thank you

Jill

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

A quick Google search shows at least a couple of other rental firms in Wellington.

You ask if anyone has used the Wellington agency - I doubt Jucy Wellington rentals would remain open if no one rented from them ;)

take a look at Rankers for reviews https:/…1404-Jucy_Rentals

I find the second review quite alarming - << you do not need a full Licence to rent a car>>

yikes!!

best of luck :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

Hi WLnz,

I have done an extensive google search for campervans and motorhomes available for pickup and drop off in Wellington and it seems as though there are only two - Classic Campers and Jucy rentals. And my question was whether anyone knows of any other companies that I have somehow not found.

Of course travellers have used Jucy rentals, bit my question was directed towards their experience in Wellington.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

Have you looked at Apollo? apollocamper.co.nz/car-hire-locations-wellin…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

Hi WLnz,

Yes, as I said, I've done a pretty extensive search. As you will see if you try this site, there is no available option to pick up or drop off at wellington with apollo.

It seems as though there are definitely alot of options in New Zealand but only for pick ups and drop offs in auckland or christchurch unfortunately :(

Cheers

California
Level Contributor
7,169 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

Apollo's website has a page dedicated to their Wellington location, as per WL's link. Since the drop down menu won't allow you to book from/to Wellington, I'd give the toll free international number a try.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
492 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

Hi Jill,

Maui used to operate out of Wellington but closed their operations there a couple of years ago. We hired one there in 2012, it was nearly twice the price of hiring one out of Auckland or Christchurch and we had to make our own way to Lower Hutt to pick it up. They were based at the Top 10 camping ground there. I don't think Wellington is a popular starting or finishing point for visitors. More like a halfway point, so most people already have their transport sorted out. Unfortunately we had already booked our flights so were committed to it. All the best with your plans.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 11:32
Waikanae, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

Hi Jill,

Try Pacific Horizon Campers in Plimmerton, only 20 minutes from the city, not far from the train station and plenty of parking there too.

Really nice lady owns the company now, and she will bend over backwards to make your experience worthwhile. You can take your own pillows bedding if you want but all supplied.

They campers of all sizes and reasonable priced.

We took a 6 berth Mitsi Canter away up to New Plymouth after Christmas, and the camper was fantastic, they have Mercedes Luton and non Luton models as well. 19 campers available in all.

Cheers,

Barry

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

Hi Barry

Thank you for the info, I have contacted Pacific Horizon campers :)

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

Oh... And I have contacted Apollo and they definitely do not have pick up or drop off locations for campervan or motorhome hire in Wellington.

Cheers

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Campervan/Motorhome hire in Wellington

Luckily, I think you were being set up there