We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best view restaurant at wellington

1 post
Save Topic
Best view restaurant at wellington

Does anyone know where is the best view restaurant at wellington. As my patner and I will go to New Zealand and I would like to suprise him. Please I need your advice. Thanks a lot

Mentioned in this post
New Zealand
New Zealand
South Pacific
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
746 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best view restaurant at wellington

I would have said Martyn Bosley's restaurant but unfortunately it closed recently. My other suggestion would be Hippopotamus at the Museum Hotel.

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best view restaurant at wellington

The restaurant at the copthorne on Oriental Bay is good and has fantastic views.

Edited: 27 March 2014, 05:51
Mentioned in this post
Oriental Bay
Oriental Bay
834 Reviews
Wellington, New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Level Contributor
345 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best view restaurant at wellington

The Fishermans Table on Oriental Bay has great views, but the food maybe a bit low brow for a special occasion. If you were prepared to travel a bit around the harbour (or take the east by west ferry), Cobar in Days Bay also has nice views.

Mentioned in this post
Oriental Bay
Oriental Bay
834 Reviews
Wellington, New Zealand
Days Bay
Days Bay
132 Reviews
Wellington, New Zealand
New Zealand
Level Contributor
6,442 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best view restaurant at wellington

The White House restaurant at Oriental Bay has views and would be suitable for a special occasion. Foxglove might also be good, as it has a restaurant and cocktail and champagne bars. It is on Queens Wharf and looks out over the harbour. There are other places on Queens Wharf, but with lesser views.

Mentioned in this post
Oriental Bay
Oriental Bay
834 Reviews
Wellington, New Zealand
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best view restaurant at wellington

As per a previous comment the Hippopotamus at the Museum Hotel potentially has the best views and I hear good things about the food (although I have never eaten there myself). However, most of my favourite restaurants for a special occasion might not have the best view but they have the best dining experience. In particular Capitol, Logan Brown, Scopa. All varying levels of price etc, but worth a google.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best view restaurant at wellington

I am interested in the best location for a casual lunch of authentic Fish & Chips in Wellington with a view if possible? Only there 1 day…..

Mentioned in this post
Wellington
Wellington
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
New Zealand
Level Contributor
6,442 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best view restaurant at wellington

I suggest the Crab Shack on Queens Wharf. It's not an expansive harbour view, but an a nice outlook onto a basin with some boats in it, and it does have outdoor seating.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best view restaurant at wellington

Great fish and chips at Wellington Trawling Seafood Market in Cuba St but unfortunately not a view. Eat in by the side of the road or takeout. It is near the cable car though.

Mentioned in this post
Wellington
Wellington
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best view restaurant at wellington

Cuba St isn't that close to the cable car - it's at least a 15 minute walk. There's a fish and chip shop on Lambton Quay at the parliament end. You could buy fish and chips and wander over to the waterfront. They are only open at lunch though. My colleague and I often go there for lunch on a Friday.

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best view restaurant at wellington

If you want Fancy, the definitely the WHITE HOUSE restaurant. Great food and such a cute little house, nice view. The Best FISH and CHIPS is a new place on Majoribanks street, it is called Mt. Vic Chippery. You can choose your fish and the type of way you want it cooked. It is seriously the best place in town!