We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking

Belluno, Italy
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Topic
Car parking

Hi! My gf and I are staying in Wellington on 2 special days: 24th and 25th December '14. We are getting there from Picton via Ferry. I haven't opt for a car agency yet, but I'm likely to chose Apex which allow people to take the car on the ferry. This is a bit of a mixed blessing because then I'll have to park the car (in Italian city that's always a nightmare). Motels which can offer private parking are not that common. Do you have any suggestion about a not expensive car parking in Wellington, if I couldn't find a motel in good location with private parking?

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
675 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car parking

I'm glad you found a satisfactory solution. Wellington is a beautiful city.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,926 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car parking

The advantage of having a car if you have 2 days in WLG, is being able to drive to the South Coast & walk to Red Rocks seal colony & continue driving through Island Bay & Lyall Bay, under the airport runway & round the Miramar Peninsula. Stunning views & 4 or 5 great cafes to stop at. I cycled the entire circuit a couple of weeks ago.

Belluno, Italy
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Car parking

Booked completed with Apex. In the end I opted for 2 separate cars. I went for a Toyota Corolla sedan 2010.

14. Re: Car parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:15