We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wire In the Sky Ride??- Queenstown

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
353 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Wire In the Sky Ride??- Queenstown

Hello,

I was wondering could you please help me, i watched a dvd on NZ that a local irish travel agent sent me. I saw this ride where you are strapped into a cylinder role cage type thing and glide across one a wire over a town, i think it is Queenstown as they went directly on talking about the Luge's etc. Does anyone know about this or where it is? Thanks for your help!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wire In the Sky Ride??- Queenstown

hi there..

thats definately in queenstown cause a friend of mine did it when she was there.looks like a blast

you posted this in a wellington forum so maybe you would get better help in the queenstown or general nz forum. or heres a link from a quick google search http://www.nzti.com/flybywire/queenstown.htm which may be helpful

slán

ellen ( kiwi in ireland)

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wire In the Sky Ride??- Queenstown

How did this get resurected?? We have already discussed this, and determined that it's the Skywire, in NELSON

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,170 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wire In the Sky Ride??- Queenstown

Flyby wire is simular to flying an aeroplane tehered by a wire. This is in Queenstown. There used to be one just north of Wellington as well, but has since closed down. If you google flybywire it will direct to the Queenstown flyby wire website

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wire In the Sky Ride??- Queenstown

hi there vbc, chuckenpen posted the question twice, this one never got answered until now, hence it appearing again! Anyway guys it wasn't the skywire she saw, it was a flying fox contraption for 4 people in Nelson. Regards from Geneva! :)

5. Re: Wire In the Sky Ride??- Queenstown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Wellington