My husband and I are trying to plan a trip over thanksgiving to SI. How is the weather then? I would like to go for ten days, so if I could shave a few days off, please let me know and where. This is for our anniversay, and a very espeical trip for us--one in a lfetime--we'd like boutique inns, romantic rooms, nothing too dated--we like b and bs, but only if they are not too outdated/worn and places in great venues (i.e. would love blanket bay if not so $$$, love the location and rooms)..please let me know your thoughts, esp. if you have better recs for better hotels/inns for smae price range/better locations, etc...
1: CHC 2 nights: Orari
2. Hokitika: Beachfront Hotel 1 night
3. Nelson: 2 nts: Cambria House
4. Blenheim: Hotel D'Urville 2 nts
5. Hapuku: 1 nt Hapuku Lodge
6. Back to CHC one night: Orari
7. Mt cook: Hermitage Hotel 1 nt
8. Qtown: 3nts: Grand Mercure Hotel: Should we do overnight cruise on Doubtful or Milford Sound one night?
I did some of my own research and liked: rimu lodge in hokitika, the lodge at parahito in nelson, matuka lodge in mt. cook, and in qtown, the evergreen lodge, matakauri, shotoverlodge, and mountvisa, jsut so you know the types of places I like--are all too expensive to consider instead of the above/better recs in those price ranges?
we are also divers--is that too hard to fit into this trip? really can only be gone 10-12 days or so..thank you so much!