We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on which glow worm cave to visit

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on which glow worm cave to visit

I have started to put together our south island holiday and was wondering where to see a glow worm cave. We really only want to do one and there seems to be a few,so hoping for advice on which on is the most spectacular.

Thanks

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on which glow worm cave to visit

Well Waitomo is the best but as that is in the North island you'll have to settle for 2nd best, Te Anau. There is also a glow worm grotto on the West Coast at Franz Josef, but nowhere near as good as the caves.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on which glow worm cave to visit

Te Anau is lovely, enhanced by the cruise over the lake to get there www.realjourneys.co.nz/main/glowwormcaves/

You won't be disappointed :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
730 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on which glow worm cave to visit

Having seen both Te Anau and Waitomo, my opinion is that Te Anau is a good choice.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on which glow worm cave to visit

Thanks, Te Anau it is. I appreciate the help.

5. Re: Advice on which glow worm cave to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2010, 06:23