We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended stay for 2 nights in Christchurch

Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Recommended stay for 2 nights in Christchurch

Hi All,

Could you recommend a place with a budget of less than NZD 400 for 2 nights near the city area?

I wouldnt mind an aparment too.

Favourability

- Near to a supermarket

- With a kitchen facilities

- Sight seeing area like the Punting River

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,769 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended stay for 2 nights in Christchurch

I assume its $400 for both night? For $200 per night for 2 people you are in the higher part of the budget. If you want cooking facilities/appartment then I suggest you look for a motel in either Riccarton road (lower numbers are closer to HagleyPark, or on Papanui Road in Merivale. There are also some motels on columbo Street between the Square and bealey avenue. Just get a newer one and check the reviews.

From here you are quite close to town, Art gallery, art Centre, punting and museum.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
33,610 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended stay for 2 nights in Christchurch

You might to consider Chateau Blanc Apartments: http://www.chateaublanc.co.nz/facilities.asp

I haven't stayed there but friends went to a wedding there & it seemed OK. Otherwise definitely recommend motels in the Bealey Ave Papanui Rd area. Or you might iike to try the new "IStay-on-Cashel" right in the inner city.

oakshotelsresorts.com/Oaks-iStay-on-cashel/…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
492 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended stay for 2 nights in Christchurch

We stayed at Chateau Blanc a couple of years ago. One bedroom apartment with separate lounge/kitchen area. A bit dated in the decor but nice & spacious, great cooked breakfast included, free internet access in a little room off reception & the staff were very friendly & helpful. No more than 10 min walk to Cathedral Square. I would stay there again if we wanted to stay in an apartment.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
730 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended stay for 2 nights in Christchurch

Which ever you pick, check out wotif.com for great prices. For instance:

www.wotif.com/hotel/View…

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,769 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended stay for 2 nights in Christchurch

Chateauu Blanc is in the right area. There are other choices around here as well. Unfortunately Beally Ave can suffer from a lot of traffic noise.

Edited: 28 July 2010, 05:37
6. Re: Recommended stay for 2 nights in Christchurch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2011, 06:16