We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Horizon motorhome Gem?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
138 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Pacific Horizon motorhome Gem?

Hi

I am looking at hiring a 4 berth motor home from 21-30 January 2012 to tour around South Island. For 2 adults and 2 kids. I am looking for a newer model, done the ring around and internet quotes. They all seem to be around the $3k mark once you take the Nil excess insurance.

Has anyone taken out the Horizon pacific Gem campervan or motor home as some call it. I'm looking at that one. What did you think or can you reccommend another 4 berth - our kids don't like sleeping in a double bed together!!

Thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacific Horizon motorhome Gem?

Maybe you can try and ask for a quote from Spaceships Carpemvan. http://www.spaceshipsrentals.co.nz/88.html

Auburn, California
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacific Horizon motorhome Gem?

Did you go with the GEM? I have one booked for May and was looking for some feedback.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacific Horizon motorhome Gem?

Many reviews here

rankers.co.nz/experiences/1441-Pacific_Horiz…

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
37,670 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pacific Horizon motorhome Gem?

I know this is too late for the OP but a Spaceship cannot sleep 4 people. they are only a converted station wagon with a double bad in the back!!

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pacific Horizon motorhome Gem?

I think "double bad" is a good description for a Spaceship.

Edited: 15 February 2012, 06:44
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,988 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pacific Horizon motorhome Gem?

That's if you can find the 'double bad' - each time I've walked past one the mattress is always hidden under mounds of clothing, cooking equipment and groceries. It must be a nightmare trying to find a clear space to sleep each night.

Edited: 15 February 2012, 06:54
7. Re: Pacific Horizon motorhome Gem?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2013, 10:17