We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Warnings advce

San Diego...
Level Contributor
462 posts
Save Topic
Winter Warnings advce

In July. South island. Can you tell me what things are not going to be available or much less appreciated at this time of year.

in Queenstown, and Wanaka areas

Any scenic roads usually closed?

I

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Warnings advce

Only when it snows and even then the roads are seldom closed for long. it isn't anything you need worry about.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,582 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Warnings advce

The best way to avoid the need to use chains is to carry them. Murphy's Law applies in NZ so the chances of needing them increases significantly when you don't have any.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Warnings advce

That's certainly been my experience...never needed chains when we had them. I hope that trend continues for our upcoming trip.

4. Re: Winter Warnings advce

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:42