We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorhome camping in September with a heated van.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
133 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Motorhome camping in September with a heated van.

Hi,

Will the weather be too cold in September for me to do motorhome camping? Can i trust the assurance from the motorhome company that my vehicle is built for 4 seasons and i'll feel warm with the heaters in my motorhome?

Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorhome camping in September with a heated van.

As far as I am aware September weather usually sit around 15 degrees Celsius max and Minimum of 5 degrees in the Lower South Island, When we were in Blenheim (Upper south Island late september for a week we didn't have a day under 20 degrees but the nights were between 4 and 10 degrees) Having never travelled my country by motorhome I can not tell you weather it will be warm enough or not. but get an extra blanket and snuggle up and you should be fine :)

Hopefully an expert or someone who has used a 4 season motorhome will see this and give you a more accurate answer.

Enjoy your trip

-Jess

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorhome camping in September with a heated van.

All I can tell you is that it would be too cold for me. Sept will still have overnight frosts.

Wear thermals to bed and have extra towels as you will find the camper drips condensation.

After your trip please let us know how it goes. We get lots of questions about winter campervanning and few if any ever return afterwards and let us know how they found it.

Auckland
Level Contributor
493 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorhome camping in September with a heated van.

We have found that September is fine for camper vanning. Decent motor homes heat up pretty quickly and you will find you are warm enough at night, particularly if you are sleeping on the bed above the cab.

If in doubt pack an extra blanket and make you book a self contained camper so you don't have to walk to the campground bathrooms at night.

California
Level Contributor
6,943 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorhome camping in September with a heated van.

Often the camper hire company will have extra blankets available for a small daily fee. It wouldn't hurt to ask. I think that would be better than packing a blanket or buying one only to trash it at the end of your trip.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
133 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motorhome camping in September with a heated van.

Thanks all for the reply. Im getting mixed replies here, but i better be cautious and pack extra blankets just in case. Thanks again all.

6. Re: Motorhome camping in September with a heated van.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:18