We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help to put together a 13 days driving itinerary.

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Please help to put together a 13 days driving itinerary.

My husband and I are from Europe. We will fly from Singapore to Christchurch. He will be the only person driving and if possible, we want to drive about 2 hours from one place to another.

We are interested in beautiful mountains, serene lakes, beaches and fiords. We like to walk in easy terrain for 1 hours but not hiking. We want to explore Queenstown so we will stay there for 2 days. We also hope to visit the wine region as I understand that it is very different from the ones in Europe and my husband likes wine. Is it on the way?

A friend has recommended us the following places Dunedin, Te Anau, Doubtful Sound, Queenstown, Wanaka, Fox Glacier, Greymouth.

We would really appreciate if someone can help us with this itinerary. Is there anything we miss out that we should see? Like dauphins, birds, cruises, etc?

Is Doubtful Sound on the way or should I go to Milford Sound instead?

We have seen glacier in Mont Blanc before and we will not hike in the glacier. Can we see anything spectular in Fox Glacier if we do not hike?

Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help to put together a 13 days driving itinerary.

How long will you have, and what month?

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help to put together a 13 days driving itinerary.

Sorry, I have forgotten to mention the time. It will be at Christmas for 13 full days.

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help to put together a 13 days driving itinerary.

Many thanks, I have found an itinerary in the tripadvisor site.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

4. Re: Please help to put together a 13 days driving itinerary.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:17