We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Cars in South Island

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Cars in South Island

Hi all - Please respond if you are able to offer any valuable info.

My husband and I are intending to travel around the South Island. We would like to pick up a rental car in Queenstown and return the car in the Christchurch airport.

We would like to deal with a company which offers good, timely service and is reasonable.

Appreciate your feedback

Sneha

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Cars in South Island

Have a look at APEX as a good starting point

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
621 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Cars in South Island

hI,

i have been haunting this forum for quite a while researching our upcoming trip and your question has been asked in various forms before and as previous poster suggests apex (apparently now owned by avis) seems to get the most favourable recommendations

just put apex car rental in search box at top of page ..............................have a great trip!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,097 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Cars in South Island

Another vote for Apex

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
33,610 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Cars in South Island

There are several 2nd tier companies operating at both ZQN & CHC, including Apex & Jucy

Sydney
Level Contributor
192 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Cars in South Island

I've used Avis on the Sth Island many times and have never had a problem.

6. Re: Rental Cars in South Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 05:18