We are 3 families - 6 adults + 4 children (all 8+ years). planning to visit SI in April - May 2014. Reaching Dunedin, will self drive through out and return from Christchurch with 15-16 days to spare in SI. We intend to do skydiving, jet safari, and bungee. Pl. give your suggestions -
1) Probable itinerary
2) We have heard about the scenic beauty of Otago Peninsula. How much time will it take from Dunedin ? Can we cover Dunedin wildlife safari and Otago in 1.5 days ?
3) What about going to Milford Sound and skipping Doubtful Sound ?
4) We intend to take a helicopter ride but dont intend to go for hiking. In that case, what is the opinion on skipping Franz Josef and just going to Mt. Cook ?
5) Ideally how many days should we spend in Queenstown ?
6) Which is a better place to go for whale watching ? and Dolphin watching ?