We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Dunedin to Queenstown, scenery and hikes?

VA
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Drive from Dunedin to Queenstown, scenery and hikes?

Hi, we will be driving from Dunedin to Queenstown on April 20. Are there any hikes we should stop for and how long are the hikes? Any scenery we shouldn't miss? Thanks so much.

Stacy

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive from Dunedin to Queenstown, scenery and hikes?

I would drive via Middlemarch - Ranfurly and then there are a number of dams and various walks - how far do you want to hike for?

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive from Dunedin to Queenstown, scenery and hikes?

Via Middlemarch is my favourite route.

You could also stop and explore St Bathans visit-centralotago.co.nz/html/st_bathans_cen…

enjoy :)

VA
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive from Dunedin to Queenstown, scenery and hikes?

Thank you very much. I had read that it was the best route and you confirmed it. Appreciate your advice.

4. Re: Drive from Dunedin to Queenstown, scenery and hikes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:18