We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book tours now or wait until we arrive?

NC
Level Contributor
534 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Book tours now or wait until we arrive?

We're leaving next week. I have booked the Doubtful Sound overnight cruise. We're planning on doing the AbFab kayak/hike with the Sea Kayak Company in Abel Tasman on April 9th, the Nimble Fox all day hike at Fox Glacier April 12th and the Skipper's Canyon Jet Boats in Queenstown April 20th (Easter). I was thinking I should go ahead and book the kayak trip but can I wait until a few days before to book them in case there's a change in plans or will we risk them being full?

NC
Level Contributor
534 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book tours now or wait until we arrive?

Ooops...It looks like we can cancel the Fox Glacier tour and Jet boats with 24 hours notice so it doesn't make sense to wait unless those tours have discounts available in Arrivals magazine.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
34 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book tours now or wait until we arrive?

For the peace of mind I would book up front all tours at Easter weekend. But check the cancellation policy, most of them allow full refund if you cancel at least 24 hrs before the tour starts. Or you can just ring them and ask how many space left for the day & time you prefer, so you know if you have to book now or not:)

3. Re: Book tours now or wait until we arrive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 07:15