We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 full days to spare: queenstown or christchurch or both??

singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
5 full days to spare: queenstown or christchurch or both??

Dear fellow TA folks,

I have 5 full days (May 23 to 27, 2014) to spare after my work trip to North Island and would like to visit the South this time... seeing that I have very very time to spare, any "logical" suggestions if i should stick to Queenstown or Christchurch or both ?!

Any interesting places or areas that i should focus on? i will be traveling alone and cant take extreme sports such as buggy jumping....

Last but not least, is kiwiexperience or magic travellers network suitable for my real tight schedule?

any advice/insights or suggestions will be greatly appreciated....

thanks heaps!

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
6,906 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 full days to spare: queenstown or christchurch or both??

I suggest Queenstown. Go to TA activiies and attractions and see what they have to offer.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,277 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 full days to spare: queenstown or christchurch or both??

I don't think you have time for Kiwi Experience or similar, but if you want to see more of the SI I would suggest you fly from the NI to Queenstown; stay 3 nights & then take a Great Sights coach to Mt Cook; stay 1 N; day 5 continue on to Christchurch.

If you are a driver, it is sometimes possible to get a free rental car from Queenstown to Christchurch over 2 days:

www.transfercar.co.nz

singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 full days to spare: queenstown or christchurch or both??

thank you very much, poppynz and zhuhai2007 for the valuable inputs and comments

singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 full days to spare: queenstown or christchurch or both??

Hi guys,

I did up a rough itinerary... would appreciate comments...

May 23 (Friday): Wellington - Queenstown

flight to Queenstown, check in hotel, explore "the mall" and surrounding areas

May 24 (Sat)

Milford Sound Day Trip by Real Journeys

May 25 (Sunday): LOTR/glenorchy day trip (any suggestions of a good day tour company???)

May 26 (Monday): Queenstown - Christchurch

Mount Cook Day Tour (by Great Sights), arrive at Christchurch in the evening

May 27 (Tues)

Tranzalpine to arthurs' pass (Christchurch Day Tour – Arthur’s Pass Hiking & TranzAlpine Trail by Hiking Guys)

May 28 (Wed): Fly out to Auckland for onward transfer to Singapore

5. Re: 5 full days to spare: queenstown or christchurch or both??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:16