We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christchurch to Queenstown OR the other way bus tour

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Christchurch to Queenstown OR the other way bus tour

Hello folks,

I have been reading through lots of reviews on this, and I still have not found an answer, so I will ask this question:

I am trying to figure out the best route of going between Queenstown and Christchurch. I can do one bus/road journey and one flight. My focus is on the road journey part, which drive is better: Queenstown to Christchurch, or Christchurch to Queenstown. I am looking at Greatsights for the bus tour part. Different people have given different opinions before. But what is the difference in the two options, scenary wise or otherwise? Appreciate your comments.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,235 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christchurch to Queenstown OR the other way bus tour

This is very subjective. I like the drive south from Chch to Mt Cook to QTN as the scenery gets better every hour, whereas travelling north, you start with the best...

However another pov is that flying INTO Queenstown is stunning.

You may end up going with whichever gives you the best flight time/ price.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christchurch to Queenstown OR the other way bus tour

I would fly into Queenstown for a few days then bus to Aoraki/Mt Cook for a night or two, then continue by bus to Chch.

happy travels :)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christchurch to Queenstown OR the other way bus tour

Hmm, I guess I will just pick one, either ways the scenery is going to be stunning, so can't complain then :)

4. Re: Christchurch to Queenstown OR the other way bus tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 07:16