We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

Kensington
Level Contributor
347 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

I have narrowed down our choice to the following: Stonehaven Homestay, Korohi Vineyard, Blueridge Estates,Marlborough B&B and St .Leonards They are all about the same price except Korahi which is NZ$60 cheaper. We want to stay right in the vineyard area. We are real wine lovers and want to tour the small wineries nearby. Has anybody stayed at any of these places? It would also be nice to have a host who could help us with what wineries to go to after we do the intial research.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

A very friendly and helpful couple who have the Olde Millhouse B&B right in the middle of the wine country and know the area well is my suggestion.

I have reviewed them myself for the magazine I write for.

www.oldemillhouse.co.nz

What do you want to know about the wines of Marlborough. I have had the opportunity to do a lot of research in that area......

personal research, of course!

Even better is the following website:

www.wine-cellar.co.nz/directory/Marlborough/

UK
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

Have you looked at Antares Homestay? Surrounded by vines. In the 'golden mile' area of Blenheim with loads of vineyards nearby and really friendly hosts. www.antareshomestay.co.nz.

Chico, California
Level Contributor
219 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

Hello zinfanatic.

My husband and I are also planning a trip to New Zealand this coming February and would like to spend about 5 days in the Marlborough wine region. When will you be going and have you decided on lodging? I am in the process of trying to decided on several different lodging. It sounds like we are both looking for the same type of visit. (we are also close to several California wine regions and are looking forward to New Zealand wines.)

Thanks!

Kensington
Level Contributor
347 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

Mauisun, Sorry, This might be too late- I just saw your query!!! We have settled on Stonehaven B&B. It is located right in the wine region off the main Rapora Road. Paulette has been so helpful setting up winery appointments for us via e-mail. We like to visit small wineries and talk to the winemakers and also barrel taste. She also serves dinner and we will take advantage the first night after traveling from the NI. We will be ther from Jan 21- 24. I think we made the right choice.

Chico, California
Level Contributor
219 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

Zinfanatic,

Thank you for your reply. We have booked a three night stay at The Straw Lodge. Your choice of Stonehaven looks very nice. We leave for New Zealand on the 30th of January. If you have returned to S.F. before that date, would you mind sharing some of your favorite wineries?

Enjoy your trip!

Kensington
Level Contributor
347 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

Mauisun, I will not return from NZ until Feb 13, but I will try to log in after our Blenheim visit which ends on Jan 24. Look for my entry then. Are you going to Central Otago's wine country? We will be there from Jan 31- Feb 5 .I should say we will be in that vicinity- not at wineries the whole time. TEll me more about your trip if you have time. Hope to post for you after wine visit.

Chico, California
Level Contributor
219 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

Zinfanatic. My husband and I will be taking a 14 day motorcycle tour of both islands and then we will spend 10 days on our own touring the upper part of South Island by car. While on our own we will spend several days in Christchurch, drive to the West Coast and spend several days and then on to Nelson for three days, four days in Blenheim, two days in Kaikoura, back to Christchurch and fly back to San Francisco out of Auckland on the 26th of February. I wish you a wonderful trip and look forward to hearing from you regarding the Blenheim wine area. Cheers.

Kensington
Level Contributor
347 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

Mauisun, Sounds like fun. We are spending three nights in Wellington and then three weeks on the SI. I will let you know about wine in Blenheim. Zin

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

You both may find this thread helpful;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255116-i729-k1200…

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Choice of B&B in Blenheim?

And this one;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255116-i729-k8996…

Get answers to your questions about Blenheim