We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marlborough: longer tours at wineries?

Which Blenheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
829 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Marlborough: longer tours at wineries?

I've seen that the Montana winery has a longer tour option, which includes lunch... do any of the other wineries in the Marlborough region (or Hawkes Bay) offer something like this? I'd like to spend some time at one winery, learning about the process and their particular wines...

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marlborough: longer tours at wineries?

if coming down to this area, the Gibbston Valley Winery offers a comprehensive tour http://www.gvwines.co.nz/

as does The Big Picture www.bigpicturewine.com/adventure/index.htm

plus many smaller vineyards in the area have excellent restaurants as well as excellent wines :)

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marlborough: longer tours at wineries?

There are several wineries in Marlborough with cafes and restaurants. I am sure there are also several with longer tour options as well as Montana. I recall having interesting tours of Johanneshof, Hunters, Cellier Le Brun and others when we were living in Marlborough. If you are driving instead of taking a bus tour, check at I sites as they have detailed maps of the wine country including where the cafes and restaurants are situated. Some wineries charge for tastings, some do not. The I sites should be well informed as to the most informative wineries and you can always check on the internet and/or phone individual wineries.

Blenheim, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marlborough: longer tours at wineries?

Yes, Montana do a tour, its about $15pp. Ive done it and it was average, it included a tasting but the wines tasted were their supermarket range not like downstairs at their cellar door.

Most wineries in Marlborough will give you a tour of there wine making facilities, some of the smaller guys will make it much more interesting. Just pick where you want to go and email or ring them to arrange it first.

happy tasting!

4. Re: Marlborough: longer tours at wineries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2010, 05:16