We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights in Blenheim, 2 nights in Nelson - what do see/do?

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Two nights in Blenheim, 2 nights in Nelson - what do see/do?

I'm coming home from the UK for a long-awaited holiday with my husband and two children (13 & 14) and want to spend a couple of nights in Blenheim and Nelson as I've never been to either before even though Mum was Blenheim born and bred in Riverlands, We'll drive from Christchurch and return there afterwards. I'd love it if someone could plan an itinerary for us and also recommend a motel in each place to stay.

I don't want to be in the car the whole time but out and about, with some time just to relax and do nothing too! Moderate budget.

California
Level Contributor
10,983 posts
73 reviews
1. Re: Two nights in Blenheim, 2 nights in Nelson - what do see/do?

How long do you have for the entire trip? Dates would be helpful with regards to your arrival/departure Christchurch.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Two nights in Blenheim, 2 nights in Nelson - what do see/do?

Thanks. It'll be mid-August.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Two nights in Blenheim, 2 nights in Nelson - what do see/do?

We're restricted to 4 nights in the area.

Oz
Level Contributor
14,798 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Two nights in Blenheim, 2 nights in Nelson - what do see/do?

Hi,

Your mum couldn't help where she was raised, don't compound her misfortune. I would spend the time in Nelson but the Aviation Museum in Blenheim is excellent.

Cheers,

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
9,163 posts
472 reviews
5. Re: Two nights in Blenheim, 2 nights in Nelson - what do see/do?

TA are volunteers and so planning a trip with motels etc is best suited to a travel agent who knows your budget and has more information about your wants and needs. However, a day trip to Abel

tasman is a must in the nelson area. Also a visit to WOW museum. A walk up the geographical centre of nz. walk along tahunanui beach is another must, and perhaps a lovely walk by the maitai river. paddleboards are popular and these can be hired at the kitesurf shop across the road from tahuna beach

6. Re: Two nights in Blenheim, 2 nights in Nelson - what do see/do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2017, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Blenheim
Recent Conversations