We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christchurch hotels

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carlsbad, CA
8 posts
Save Topic
Christchurch hotels

We will be in Christchurch Oct 18 & would like to know if anyone has a suggestion for a hotel either quaint or not. Then we will be going to Queenstown. Any suggestions for Queenstown?

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christchurch hotels

Have you done a search on hotels in both towns on this forum? you'll get quite a few come up.

It's a long weekend from the 19th (Labour weekend). So accommodation will be tight, especailly in Queenstown. You'll need to book ASAP.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
252 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christchurch hotels

A pretty open ended question.

If you want cheap in Christchurch try Hotel So which is just about to open or the Ibis that has been open a few months. Both very basic but central. Of the mid-range inner city hotels Rydges would be a good bet, especially if you get a high floor, riverview room. For high end in the city, get one of the newly refurbished rooms at the George.

Queenstown is your typical international resort town with more choice than its size would have you believe. I've stayed in a few hotels here and one of my firm favourites is still the St. Moritz but be sure to get a lakeview room or better yet 1 bedroom suite, well worth the extra dollars. If you like high end go for Sofitel, mid range, St. Moritz and budget well not really my thing so I couldn't comment with any accuracy.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Christchurch hotels

How does the Novotel Gardens compare with the St Moritz? Are the apartments at the Moritz without a lake view nice?

4. Re: Christchurch hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 03:16