We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seagaers at Oxford, New Zealand

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Seagaers at Oxford, New Zealand

Been there twice for lunch. The first time...not wonderful, thought they were having an off-day. The second time had to wait far too long for our meal. There was not "nibbles" menu...we had to ask!. The steak I had had obviously been chased around the paddock! There was no steak knife provided! Wouldn't choose to eat there again until they smarten up their act. Went off to Cafe51, just down the road for our dessert and coffee!!!

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
253 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seagaers at Oxford, New Zealand

Interesting comments. I've also been twice and had a good experience each time, however it has been almost a year since my last visit. Maybe a case of being too popular?

Haven't tried Cafe 51 but have heard good things from all who have been.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seagaers at Oxford, New Zealand

We had lunch at Seagers in OCTOBER 2008 and found it to be excellent. Good menu - food really good - very good service.

This place looked a real money spinner and in my opinion deserved to be as popular as it obviously is.

Maybe they read your complaints and sharpened their act up.

I would HIGHLY recommend SEAGERS

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
8,362 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seagaers at Oxford, New Zealand

If ever there was a place living on it reputation it's here. we found it nice enough, but hey it's a nice area with lots of Cafe's. we tried a place in Cust, now that was really nice. Afterwards we checked out the roses up the road. A really nice run in the country.

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seagaers at Oxford, New Zealand

I had a small group of about 12, and stopped in there. the place was full and we had not boked. no trouble at all, they put us all in a private dinning room out the back with all the lavish urnishings one could wish for. This was a lunch type meal and served with allall the style and finesse that one could hope for and for 12 little old ladies, yes they were well pleased.

i cannot comment on dishes such as steak or the presence of steak knives.

Also nie to see thatthe standard of other cafe's in the area also recieve high accolades, and the craft shops certainly have selections even hard to find in the city.

well done oxford

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
8,362 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seagaers at Oxford, New Zealand

hear the cooking school is brilliant.

6. Re: Seagaers at Oxford, New Zealand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 18:19