We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christchurch Honeymoon

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Aus
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Christchurch Honeymoon

Wondering peoples reccomendations for a nice hotel to stay in central christchurch for our honeymoon?

Happy with between $200-$400 per night but it must be central.

Regards

Stumps21

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christchurch Honeymoon

Really, has to be The George - there isn't that much smack bang in the city that meets your honeymoon criteria.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christchurch Honeymoon

Mr Gimlet has got the idea, The George is brilliant as Honeymoon accommodation, it leans towards the more expensive end of your desired spectrum but I would suggest its worthwhile.

Ratings etc from other TA users should give you an idea what's on offer.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g255118-Christchurch_…

Rangiora, New...
Level Contributor
268 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christchurch Honeymoon

Hi

The George Hotel is a boutique hotel with comfortable rooms and excellent dining

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christchurch Honeymoon

The George would be my first pick for honeymoon accommodation in central Christchurch.

Click the Christchurch Hotels link in top left or the following link which has some user feedback (arrange by class, highest first)

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g255118-Christchurch_…

Alternatively Millennium, Heritage or Crowne Plaza are good options for hotels, George is boutique as mentioned and has a 1:1 staff:guest ratio which is very nice.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
252 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christchurch Honeymoon

Sure is hard to beat The George. I stayed not long ago so you'll find my review somewhere on TA.

The fine dining restaurant, Pescatore, has just reopened after a big refurbishment, apparently even better than it was. Be sure to book either a Premium Executive Room or Suite, don't go standard.

Might be out of your price range though.

Also worth a look is a Club Room at the Crowne Plaza or a room at a decent B&B eg Classic Villa.

6. Re: Christchurch Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 17:19