We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christchurch B&B and Hotels

Nailsea, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Christchurch B&B and Hotels

Any suggestions please for February. For between 200 NZD- 300 NZD. We want to be in the centre if possible but would consider any location.

Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
954 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christchurch B&B and Hotels

If you like a good ale, I highly recommend Pomeroy's:

Phil and Vicky are no longer there, but the place is terrific. They went way out of their way to send my lost passport back to me before we left Auckland on our way home.

The sleeping quarters are not IN the pub, they are across the driveway next door. So you can walk home when you've had enough, Rose, and Peter can crawl home much later, if that's his style.

Of course, that didn't happen to us.......

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
253 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christchurch B&B and Hotels

The two most well positioned B&B's in Christchurch are Orari B&B and Classic Villa.

Clasic Villa is probably only just in your price range - http://www.theclassicvilla.co.nz

Orari might be better - http://www.orari.co.nz

Both are right in the heart of the city minutes walk from all the key sights. I've used both for maybe 100 of my clients and never had an issue with either.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christchurch B&B and Hotels

We stayed at Cedarview Farmstay last month and it was great, close to the airport and city with the rural outlook of a farm. Really comfortable accommodation well within your price range - check out the review.

Have a great trip.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Rangiora, New...
Level Contributor
268 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christchurch B&B and Hotels

First off, welcome to our forum. I think that the best thing you can do is look at Christchurch Hotels on Tripadvisor.com and make your choice from there. If you want any further data about any selections you may make just ask on this forum. The CDB of Christchurch is dead flat like 99% of Christchurch is so easy to get around.

West Des Moines...
Level Contributor
66 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christchurch B&B and Hotels

I was pleased with "The Grange" and "Andaview B&B" The Grange was real close to CBD, park, restaraunts, etc. Andaview had a nice view and was a little more modern/upmarket. Breakfast at both were comparable.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
95 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christchurch B&B and Hotels

We stayed at Orari B & B in November, and loved it.

Nailsea, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christchurch B&B and Hotels

Thanks to you all - we booked the Cedarview.

Happy New Year

8. Re: Christchurch B&B and Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 17:17