We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wollongong
Level Contributor
76 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are heading to Christchurch for four days during October as part of our honeymoon. We are going to spend two nights in Mount Cook so we can do some of the activities offered up on the mountain. The last two nights we want to spend near the city. We will have a car and are not concerned about being in the centre of the city. We have looked at a lot of the accomodation in central Christchurch but havent found anywhere that is REALLY special. Have heard heaps about the George but dont really like that style of accomodation. We love old buildings and LOVE Otahuna but the $1600 per night is beyond our budget. We are happy to pay anything up to $600 AU per night for someone amazing as it is the last two nights of our honeymoon.

Can anyone recommend a place within 30mins of the city????

Thanks,

Beck

1. Re: Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 14:58
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,105 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

I can't imagine anywhere that expensive in/near Christchurch but you might like the look of Pepper's Clearwater Resort:

http://www.clearwaternz.com/hotel.htm

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

This may help

newzealand.com/travel/…

congratulations on your honeymoon :)

Wollongong
Level Contributor
76 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

Thanks for all your suggestions! I will have a look at clearwater but I think that is another one of those "Modern" style resorts. Thanks for the website suggestion! Ill have a look now. Thanks again! :0)

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

If you like the sense of character offered by historic architecture, there are a couple of places that you might consider. Neither of them present the same sense of grandeur offered by Otahuna's house or its garden but both are well regarded locally and are considerably cheaper.

Huntly House is a boutique hotel located in a converted historic home. It's nicely done up, but the location is a bit suburban. Check to see if they are still offering suites in the house though because I have read it has sold and the new owners only offer accommodation in the new wing which looks like an apartment building. I have only stayed in the main house. I found the house charming, but the location is depressingly suburban.

I haven't stayed at the Worcester, though it is regarded as one of the best B&Bs in town and is situated in a charming looking Victorian townhouse. And the location across the street from the arts centre is quite special too.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,105 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

Has anyone got any comments on the Heritage?

http://www.heritagehotels.co.nz/christchurch/

7. Re: Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 June 2011, 00:35
Edited: 02 June 2011, 00:35
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

Have a look at www.theelms.co.nz Although a B&B you get a beautiful self contained cottage set in extensive grounds with tennis court & swimming pool. Breakfast is delivered at a time to suit each morning and consists of delicious home made goodies.

Dinner can also be arranged and the quality is up there with top class restaurants.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

Have you looked for properties under Guest and Hosted Qualmark graded 5star - there are quite a few in the City between Merivale and the City Centre.

If you go to (sorry the link is so long) newzealand.com/travel/…

Look for 5 star properties - they are NZ Tourism officially graded and it is a rigorous grading system. Check Trip Advisor - The Weston House - 10mins from the centre of town is currently N0.1 Bed and Breakfast.Check what the Trip Advisor readers have said about accommodation.

www.newzealand.com is the official NZ site so you can check out all the listed properties and their merits too - well worth the time to research.

Christchurch is full of interesting properties - good luck

Chelmsford
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury accomodation within 30 mins of Christchurch

A really late response (sorry) - but The Worcester B+B (although in the centre of Christchurch) was really lovely when I was there.