We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanaka Accommodation - Base backpacker

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wanaka Accommodation - Base backpacker

I am looking to stay 3 nights in Wanaka, maybe at Base backpacker, but i am a bit concern about getting some sleep. I will be going solo and getting a room for myself. Does anyone knows any other budget accommodation to recomend or Base is ok? I will be also going to queenstown after that for another 3 nights. Any sugestion? From August 14 till 21.

Thanks

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanaka Accommodation - Base backpacker

Have not stayed at Base in Wanaka so can't comment but I once stayed at Base in Queenstown and found it a bit too much party and noise for my liking. I have stayed at Wanaka Backpaka recently and they were great. Check out www.bbh.co.nz and look closely at the ratings given by others who have stayed there. Go for the small hostels they are normally much quieter than the larger hostels.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanaka Accommodation - Base backpacker

Hi Fernas :)

Yep, Base is apparently quite noisy.

And yep, I also highly recommend Wanaka Bakpaka

www.wanakabakpaka.co.nz/facilities.html#

It has great views, a lovely outdoor deck and is clean. Book early as it is very busy through the ski season.

For Queenstown budget accommodation, take a look at wotif

http://www.wotif.com/search/Advanced?selectedSuggestionId=&viewType=all&startDay=&searchTerms=&country=NZ®ion=73&destination=2359&accommodationTypeMatch=&roomTypeCategoryMatch=&starRatingMatch=&maximumPrice=&isoCurrencyCode=ARS

Happy travels :)

Edited: 17 May 2010, 09:17
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wanaka Accommodation - Base backpacker

try this link for wotif

www.wotif.com/search/Advanced…

Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wanaka Accommodation - Base backpacker

Really thanks for that. I will take a close look to the other backpacker option.

Thanks once again and i keep you all posted.

Regards

Fernas

Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wanaka Accommodation - Base backpacker

Thanks all for the replay, very helpfull. I will take a close look to Wanaka Bakpaka.

I will keep you all posted. Just booked my trip for the 7th of August.

Thanks

Fernas

6. Re: Wanaka Accommodation - Base backpacker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 06:18