We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canterbury shuttle

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
833 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
canterbury shuttle

I am looking to take the shuttle to the train station for the TranzAlpine to Greymouth and the pick up is only 30 minutes prior to departure, is this enough time to check in luggage etc.

cheers Carole

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canterbury shuttle

where are you staying in Chch and what is your check in time at the railway staion? 15 min prior I would think as a bare minimum reporting time and if you are staying in Riccarton Rd tere would be sufficient time

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
172 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canterbury shuttle

I think 30 minutes prior to departure is cutting it too fine. There can be queues for the check in at the little train station. Suggest booking a taxi rather than a shuttle.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,682 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: canterbury shuttle

I always find the shuttles to be very reliable. As Coaster says it depends on where you are staying. If you are 5 min from the station then 25 min to check-in is plenty.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
833 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: canterbury shuttle

We are staying at The Quality Inn Towers on the park, The tour we are taking tells us to report there 20 minutes before departure time,

Hotel does not look to far away on the map but maybe we should book a taxi for safety, I do not like rushing, would a taxi take us that short distance

Cheers Carole

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,682 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: canterbury shuttle

My favourite aamaps site tells me it is 6 minutes to the Station:

http://maps.aa.co.nz/

I still think you can trust those shuttle guys.

Edited: 29 July 2011, 07:23
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
833 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: canterbury shuttle

Thanks for the map site, its very user friendly, by the way I was in your lovely country last year, loved it

Cheers Carole

7. Re: canterbury shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 23:18