We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much do I need to save for a holiday in Christchurch?

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
carlow
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
How much do I need to save for a holiday in Christchurch?

Hi I asked a question before about how much money would I need for everything altogether but no ones given me a rough estimate,I'm meeting a friend over their and haven't started saving money yet and I'd also like to know what to say to my parents about wanting to go ,I'm 15 btw

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,665 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much do I need to save for a holiday in Christchurch?

Aoife, you have had several replies giving you good advice. You replied that you won't be going for a few years yet so why not just wait until you are old enough. NZ is way too far to travel for one week. Your biggest cost will be the airfare. Do a few internet searches to get an idea of the cost of the flight & start saving!

carlow
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much do I need to save for a holiday in Christchurch?

thanks for the reply :)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much do I need to save for a holiday in Christchurch?

I'm travelling overseas next year and I've drawn up a budget on a spreadsheet. Things I've included are air fare, car hire, fuel, accommodation, food allowance per day, train fares, all of which you can find by digging around on the net.

How much you need is impossible for anyone else but you to determine. Start with the airfare and once you've saved that, you are half way there.

carlow
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much do I need to save for a holiday in Christchurch?

5. Re: How much do I need to save for a holiday in Christchurch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 15:16