We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help the Easter Bunny

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Help the Easter Bunny

We fly into Christchurch (from Sydney) on Easter Saturday and stay at an airport hotel for the night & the Easter Bunny is meant to visit that night but is unsure about eggs.... Will there be Easter Eggs somewhere in Christchurch airport that I can easily get?? Or should I just bring them with me?? If so, any particular ones that won't melt during the flight. Easter Bunny says TIA :-)

California
Level Contributor
7,656 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help the Easter Bunny

Maybe you could contact the hotel and ask them for the Easter Bunny's help. I'm sure something could be arranged.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,110 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help the Easter Bunny

Plan A would be to contact the hotel and ask if they could assist you in getting in a supply of Easter Eggs and then you can discreetly pay them upon check-in.

Plan B would be to go online www.countdown.co.nz and order & pay online, then get delivery to your hotel. (Advise hotel of pending delivery and address delivery to Your Name, Hotel Guest Arriving 30 March, etc.)

Plan C would be bring them with you however then you have the delay of declaring them at Quarantine upon arrival Christchurch.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help the Easter Bunny

How late are you arriving? Depending on the time, there could be supermarkets open.

Bringing them with you could be a good option too. Chocolate shouldn't cause any delay at the quarantine inspection. At most you might be asked to show the package, so you might want to separate yourself from the recipients of Easter Bunny's largesse, or have someone distract them for a little bit.

Another possibility is the inbound duty-free. If they sell Lindt (which most duty--free shops do) maybe they have the Lindt bunnies?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,097 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help the Easter Bunny

You will be able to purchase Easter Eggs at the airport providing you arent arriving in the middle of the night and even then the Duty Free shop will possibly have some

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help the Easter Bunny

Thanks everyone for your replies, we arrive mid afternoon so hopefully I'll find some at the airport. If not, I'm sure they'll be a supermarket nearby.

6. Re: Help the Easter Bunny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Christchurch