We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport taxi advice

Which Christchurch hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
418 posts
Save Topic
Airport taxi advice

This is from Airport to city centre. Is there a particular company to go for or avoid? Should we book in advance?

I have also considered super shuttle but unless you go for sharing, the private is not cheaper than taxi. But for sharing, how frequent do they run? Don't want to have to wait for too long before the shuttle leaves?

Appreciate your advice.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport taxi advice

Six of one half a dozen of the other - same as any other international airport - loads of taxis all competing for the same dollar - a taxi into the centre of the city should be approx $40

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,235 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport taxi advice

The whole idea of the super shuttle is for sharing. As Eating- eater said - taxi about $40, Supershuttle around $20 for one, maybe $17 pp for 2. Once you get to 3, taxi is just as cheap. Shuttles will run quite quickly. When international flights arrive they will take 3-5 people and go. No specific waiting until full.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
418 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport taxi advice

Thanks, both. Looks like we will just take a taxi.

Its not just about money. I had wanted to know if I should just jump into any taxi or are there some with better reputation and some perhaps not so good.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport taxi advice

Hi popolos. Here is the link from the Airport Company which has more realistic estimates of the taxi fare from the Airport to Central city.

christchurchairport.co.nz/en/…

Christchurch
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport taxi advice

Hi popolos. Here is the link from the Airport Company which has more realistic estimates of the taxi fare from the Airport to Central city.

christchurchairport.co.nz/en/…

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport taxi advice

I've caught a fair few taxis from Christchurch airport over the past few months and if you're heading into the central city expect to pay towards the upper reaches of the price range indicated above, particularly in peak hours - I have paid anywhere up to $70 recently!

I'd also recommend using the 'Air New Zealand taxis' which really just allows you to prepay for one of the companies at the airport, you do get a fairly decent price and it saves any guesswork on the fare. The link for this service is:

https://www.taxi.co.nz

Malaysia
Level Contributor
418 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport taxi advice

The air nz taxi service is cool. I keyed in me details and a ride from airport to cathedral square was $43.80. Sounds good to me.

8. Re: Airport taxi advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 06:24