We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Left Luggage Facility in Dunedin Train Station?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Left Luggage Facility in Dunedin Train Station?

We are arriving in Dunedin by bus and want to take the afternoon Taieri Gorge Train (round trip). Anyone know if there is a left luggage facility in the Train Station?

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
3,746 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Left Luggage Facility in Dunedin Train Station?

Not sure, but I doubt it. Since the privatisation of NZ Rail the passenger service has been completely run down, to the point where none of the stations are manned, and most (although not the Dunedin station) are nothing more than a bus shelter beside the track.

The Taieri Gorge is run by a group of rail enthusiasts, and I imagine they have some form of office at the Dunedin station, and they may let you store some bags there. You would have to contact them to find out

http://www.taieri.co.nz/index.htm

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Left Luggage Facility in Dunedin Train Station?

That suggestion was helpful.

I made a reservation for the train and wrote to ask about leaving luggage. The reply:

"You are welcome to leave your luggage at the station while you travel on the train. The offices are closed when the train returns, but if you approach the train staff, they will let you in to collect your things."

Thanks!

3. Re: Left Luggage Facility in Dunedin Train Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 18:16