We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Otago Peninsula: Penguin Place Lodge

Singapore
Level Contributor
119 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Otago Peninsula: Penguin Place Lodge

I read there is budget accommodation called Penguin Place Lodge, attached to the Penguin conservation center.

Can anyone confirm if place is still in operation? I hope this is not the same dismal place called Harington Point Motel.

It's seeing the penguins in the wild here that I'm hoping to experience.

Thanks!

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Otago Peninsula: Penguin Place Lodge

Hi, I just called them as I live in Wellington, NZ.. The place looks absolutely adorable and it isn't the dreaded Harrington Point Lodge. It is a conservation area and I just chatted with the owner. We are going to the South Island in January and we are going to stay there, thanks to your post. Looks lovely, here is the link to the website: http://www.penguinplace.co.nz/

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Otago Peninsula: Penguin Place Lodge

Oh My, that does look nice. Thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
119 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Otago Peninsula: Penguin Place Lodge

Thanks John H!

Yahoo.... I'll be looking to book for March!

Since you are going much earlier than me, hope you can share your experience from booking/payment, the drive there and the experiences at the Lodge and surrounding. There is only an email id and not sure if they have any on-line booking cum payment option.

4. Re: Otago Peninsula: Penguin Place Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:21