We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day visit to Caitlins from Dunedin early Dec

New Jersey
Level Contributor
232 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
one day visit to Caitlins from Dunedin early Dec

Although we will have a car we would like to find a tour to the Caitlins for one day leaving from Dunedin. So far I can not find an organization that will be running a tour Dec 10. Does anyone have a suggestion? I realize that we will not be able to do much with the limited time but we would be happy just seeing several of the places that are not too deep in the Caitlins from Dunedin.Thank you.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
232 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day visit to Caitlins from Dunedin early Dec

Catlins, my apologies!

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,461 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one day visit to Caitlins from Dunedin early Dec

This might suit www.awesometours.co.nz/tours/day-tours/

or drive to Owaka (about 90 minutes drive from Dunedin) and do a tour from there www.fourcorners.co.nz/new-zealand/product/…

Tthe Catlins is a very easy day out from Dunedin - why not drive?

Best of luck :)

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
114 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one day visit to Caitlins from Dunedin early Dec

Hi you can try Catlins ecotours. they are very good but I don't know if they will run atour with your spec's in mind.

http://www.catlins-ecotours.co.nz/

For general information have a look here,

http://www.catlins.org.nz/index.php

If you go by yourself, make sure you go to the Nuggets, and the Catlins River walk. take a parka.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
232 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one day visit to Caitlins from Dunedin early Dec

Thank you! I had seen the 2nd site before but it was a helpful review.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
232 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one day visit to Caitlins from Dunedin early Dec

I have contacted Awesome as well as Otago Tours. So thank you for the recommendation of Awesome. This will be our last day of touring before we return home so we thought we would take a break from a long drive. We are staying out on the Peninsula so it would take us one hour to the airport , another hour just to Kaka Point etc. It would definitely be quite a bit more than 4 hrs driving so we would like to avoid that.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,461 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one day visit to Caitlins from Dunedin early Dec

A tour will certainly show more than you can do on your own.

Please let us know what you eventually do and how it goes - it will be of help to future travellers.

It's a fabulous part of the planet, enjoy :) :)

7. Re: one day visit to Caitlins from Dunedin early Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:17