We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which are the good suburbs to to live in Invercargill?

Dehradun
3 posts
Save Topic
Which are the good suburbs to to live in Invercargill?

Hi, I am relocating to Invercargill for work. I was wondering which will be safe/nice suburbs to rent a place to live in Invercargill. Are there any areas which should be avoided while searching for a place to rent? Any suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

8 replies to this topic
Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which are the good suburbs to to live in Invercargill?

There's nowhere really bad in Invercargill but of course like any city, some areas are better than others. I suppose Windsor, Avenal, Richmond and Gladstone are some of the best areas. Waikiwi and Rosedale are ok too.

Te Anau, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
4,440 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which are the good suburbs to to live in Invercargill?

Probably avoid South Invercargill (South of Tweed street), though I lived there for years and it was fine. Property values are lower as you go south from Tay street, and higher as you go north.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which are the good suburbs to to live in Invercargill?

Safety is not an issue in Invercargil. You can happily walk around at night. However if you don't like rugby or netball you might find conversation difficult.

4. Re: Which are the good suburbs to to live in Invercargill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2018, 08:05

Te Anau, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
4,440 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which are the good suburbs to to live in Invercargill?

Most people respond in kind. I imagine you are inhappy no matter where you choose to live.

Hope you're enjoying Dunedin more.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which are the good suburbs to to live in Invercargill?

I totally agree with #5 and presumably the OP has made some decision as it is almost 12 months since he asked.

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
962 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which are the good suburbs to to live in Invercargill?

Yeah...agree with you Brian and Barry. My advice to the OP has nothing to do with where to live...although isn't Otatara ok??? (don't take that as gospel however as I really can'[t remember). My tip is to be aware that the supermarkets don't sell any alcohol which always did my head in when working in Invers!!

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
29,928 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which are the good suburbs to to live in Invercargill?

The question on where to live was asked July 2017

Really no need to offer an answer 12 months later...

Reply to: Which are the good suburbs to to live in Invercargill?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted