We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter visit to invercargill

Dumfries
1 post
Save Topic
Winter visit to invercargill

We will be visiting Invercargill and Southland in July/August 07. We are expecting cold weather and short days (we are from Scotland so that is not a big deal).

Will driving around in a campervan pose any problems with regard to floods, blizzards, freezing nights or places to park up?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter visit to invercargill

Just a moment while I go and get my crystal ball...... :)

It's possible but highly improbable especially the floods & blizzards. You can expect freezing nights though- rather you than me, bring plenty of thermals. Southland has just had (in fact still has) a very cold polar blast with windchill at -10 and lower, snow blanketing the ground and roads closed or chains required. Power out to many homes all weekend. You won't want to be in a campervan in those conditions beleive you me!

2. Re: Winter visit to invercargill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Invercargill