We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nakedbus Milford Sound tour added info required

Hong Kong
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nakedbus Milford Sound tour added info required

Hey Fellas,

Heard the nakedbus tour to milford sound is nice but, what about the lunch/food...How does nakedbus milford tour organises that..Any idea? I havent heard of any lunch/food options on nakedbus milford sound coach trips..? I plan to go in Oct 2010..Thanks

Other tour operators talk about standard picnic lunch, japanese, indian , vegetarian to choose from. But nakedbus tour dosent mention anything as such,....Can you help with this? needed to know how is the lunch organised on this nakedbus tour to milford sound and whether tea/coffee is provided free like other operators.

Thanks in advance..Appreciate your help

Cheers

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,631 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nakedbus Milford Sound tour added info required

I believe lunch is not included with Naked Bus. You can pack a picnic lunch or buy something to take with you on your 20 minute stop in Te Anau.

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nakedbus Milford Sound tour added info required

Naked Bus passengers are provided with free tea or coffee on the cruise. The lunches option that can be purchased on the one day tours is not a good option. To me the picnic lunches are overpriced and are not good value. Many tour companies offer free lunches as an incentive but it is still a better deal if you buy what you want in Te Anau.

There is an amazing large supermarket in Te Anau with many good food options.

Edited: 24 September 2010, 22:15
Hong Kong
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nakedbus Milford Sound tour added info required

Thanks for the advice guys...Te Anau is still hours away from milford sound cruise., So basically are we looking at buying sandwiches at te anau or something? Does these cruises hv microwave facilities to heat up ur packed foods bought from te anau super market. The reason I m so much into this foody thing is coz in the winter, you tend to get more hungry and need to make sure we aint gonna starve on our journey.. :)

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nakedbus Milford Sound tour added info required

There is a limited choice of food available for purchase on the cruise but I am unsure if microwave facilities are available. Check with your coach driver on the day.

Edited: 25 September 2010, 06:50
5. Re: Nakedbus Milford Sound tour added info required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2011, 04:17