We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jucy Cruize?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Jucy Cruize?

Has anybody done the Jucy Cruize/ can tell me anything about it? We're in Te Anau at the moment, planning to do a cruise on Milford Sound on Monday. We've got a Jucy hire car and they offer 2 for 1 and kids under 5 free on their cruise if you show your keyring. It sounds like a great deal, but we're a bit worried (possibly completely unfounded, but...) it'll be full of alcohol fueled partying backpackers which may not be great with a toddler, and with me keen to get some decent photography opportunities.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jucy Cruize?

Try posting this Q in the Queenstown forum..

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jucy Cruize?

Just out of curiosity - how did you get the info about the cruize being - "it'll be full of alcohol fueled partying backpackers" ???!!!

Please do post here after you are done with the cruize. I'm sure it will be fine!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jucy Cruize?

Not info, just a quite possibly mid-informed assumption based on a mis-spent youth and too much exposure to 18-30's booze cruises earlier in life! To be fair, our dealings with jucy have been excellent so far.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jucy Cruize?

We did the Jucy Cruize in Milford a few weeks ago and it was fine. It offered the best price. The boat was not as nice as some of the other companies but it was more than adequate. It was not filled with booze drinking kids either. :)

America
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jucy Cruize?

The Jucy Cruise is fine...no problems of any partying sort. Best price of any of the boats.

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jucy Cruize?

I agree the Jucy Cruise is fine. It does concern me however that Jucy have painted their tour bus to Milford in those bright purple and green colors. Does not really look that good and it is in stark contrast and contradicts the natural beauty of the place. I pray that they don't paint their cruise boat in those hideous colors but I doubt if their marketing gurus will be concerned about the natural beauty of the area.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jucy Cruize?

We ended up going yesterday and opted for the jucy cruize because you just couldn't beat the price. It turned out it was great value - because it's a small boat we got up close to the rocks to see the wildlife. We were by no means the only old fogies on the boat - there were others with little kids too and and I didn't see even a hint of booze fueled reveling ;) The boat was quite busy, but still plenty of seats. And I can report back that the boat is white with very subtle branding. I saw the bus, and understand what you mean, but they certainly weren't the only bus there with un-natural colours.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jucy Cruize?

Hi Yellabrick - Thanks for the follow up - it’s great to hear that you chose to cruise with us (JUCY Cruize) and you enjoyed it. I hope you and your family enjoy the rest of your holiday.

SouthIslandBill - We’re very aware of the environment that we operate in and you will be pleased to know that our boat will always remain neutral colors, where as our bus is a bit more bright and colorful.

Cheers

Lucy xx

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jucy Cruize?

I am really pleased to hear you are not painting your boat with those bright colors. All we need now is for you to put toilets in all your campervans.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jucy Cruize?

Good to hear Yellabrick!!