We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

London
5 posts
Save Topic
Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

Out itinerary is looking like we could be in Milford Sound on Christmas Day. Can anyone please advise if the cruises and the kayaking companies operate on this day? If so is it more likely I would have to book?

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

Have you checked the companies' websites?

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
6,909 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

check with the companies first with a google search and check online. or ask companies.

thats what the volunteers who help out others do, so you gotta make a bit of effort yourself.

but I see you a first time poster.

London
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

Yeah - thanks Ray - You can get answers to just about all the questions on here on Google - really helpful. Almost no point in having this forum if thats the sort of help you get

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

Real Journeys and Southern Discoveries operate their boats on Xmas day. As this is a busy time I would book your cruise the day before.

London
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

Thank you South Island Bill - much appreciated

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

Might want to lighten up mate - it's probably faster to look for that type of information on google than on here.

I find that people on here give insights that google doesn't know. Such as little tricks and hidden locations.

Personally I wouldn't go on a cruise on Xmas Day - I worked Xmas Day for a tourism company once, it was terrible. I tried to get out of it, but couldn't as no one else to work, I'd say I put about half as much into it as I would have on a normal day.

But from your attitude I'd say you'll have a "wonderful" time.

Oz
Level Contributor
11,691 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

G'day phil12013,

Great advice from the others. With regards to the tours you may like to walk your fingers over the key board and check things out for yourself! with Dr Google ! You may find that with the kayak tour on Christmas Day you are "up a long, narrow and smelly body of water in a barbed wire kayak with no visible means of propulsion"!

Good one Bill! Love it!

Cheers,

London
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

So your insight on Christmas Day trips is exactly what I was hoping to get so perhaps it was worthwhile coming on here after all Eating_ eater.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

I would say very few employees working Christmas Day are terrible: if Christmas Day suits you then do the cruise that day.

I haven't tried Southern Discoveries but have done a number of trips with Real Journeys and found the service to be excellent and full of good humour.

Check their website for availability - I would book more than a day in advance for the holiday season.

London
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Milford Sound Cruises - Christmas Day

Will do - thanks for your help WLnz. Interestingly Real Journeys seem to have availability for Cruises but not Kayaking on 25/12