We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Queenstown

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 days in Queenstown

I will be in Queenstown October 19th through the 21st. My husband will be on business so I will be site seeing alone. We are staying at the Millennium Hotel. What should I safely do? I'm 42, athletic(no bungy jumping), out-going. I'm not a museum person. I like the outdoors, good food and good wine. Any advice on a good tour or adventuring out on my own would be greatly appreciated.

Milford Sound BBQ Bus
Bus Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Remarkable Scenic Tours
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Pure Glenorchy Scenic Lord of the Rings Tours
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Film & TV Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Queenstown

You could do a wine tour that will show you the Gibston Valley and Arrowtown. The trip up the lake to Glenorchy is really scenic, you could do a Lord of the Rings trip, or there is the Dart river jet boat ride. This would be my choice, not because it is a jetboat ride, it takes you through some really beautiful countryside.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,857 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Queenstown

And if you prefer not to jet boat, you may enjoy horse riding along the Dart River Valley. It's Lord of the Rings country and stunningly scenic http://www.dartstables.com/

They can collect you from your hotel - the drive up to Glenorchy and the stables is just beautiful.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Queenstown

You could also take a trip up on the gondola and go for a luge, or go para gliding from the top.

A trip on the TSS Earnslaw across to Walter peak station, and have a farm tour, or barbeque lunch.

Reception at the hotel can organise bookings and pick ups for anything you are wanting to do around the area.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: 2 days in Queenstown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 08:15