We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skydiving and bungee

montjosh
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Skydiving and bungee

Me and my wife will be in the queenstown area in early december. I was wondering where a better place to skydive was out of queenstown or at lake wanaka? This will be our sencond time skydiving. Also what would you suggest for a good first bungee? Its sounds kinda strange but bungee makes me more nervous than jumping out of a plane.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,929 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Skydiving and bungee

Speaking of exciting rides. A friend got bitten by the white water bug. Anyway after a couple of increasing grade he was told "skippers" is the ultimate. Anyway he signed up for it. Came back to say that after the chopper ride to the "off" point for the raft, that the raft ride was "ho Hum"!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,103 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Skydiving and bungee

If you want a real adrenaline rush day try the awesomw foursome:

Nevis BUngy, Shotover jet, helicopter, white water rafting.

If that dont grab ya nothing will.

And it only costs $NZ 555 for the day

Queenstown
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Skydiving and bungee

If the choice is out of the Ledge or the K Bridge, I'd definitely go for the bridge! As has been mentioned, it's the original site of the commercial bungy, and you can take Secrets of Bungy tour to learn a little more about it - they show you a bit of bungy history, how they make the bungy ropes and all that jazz... well interesting!

But really... the Nevis has to be the most amazing jump - I only did it last week and can't wait to jump it again!

I know what you mean about bungy-ing being scarier than sky diving, I'm with you on that one! I think the scariest for me is the prospect on the canyon swing, which is on the agenda this week, ah!!

14. Re: Skydiving and bungee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 06:23