We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queenstown Motel Apartments

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,941 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Queenstown Motel Apartments

Has anyone stayed at the Queenstown Motel Apartments? There are only 4 recent and very complimentary reviews on TA. Unfortunately, every reviewer is a first-time poster, so I don't know what to think!

We're looking for something within walking distance to center of town, not too hilly, great views (that's what we're coming all that way for!) and a studio or 1 bedroom with self-catering capabilities. We'll be staying 3 nights. Many recommended places are booked for our time period (late February 2010). We'd like to keep it under 200 NZD.

Thanks!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
398 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queenstown Motel Apartments

Hi Haven't stayed there - have walked past alot (7 days in Queenie on family holiday last year and a number of nights on business since). Seem very nice; good location. There is a hill to walk DOWN to town and UP afterwards. Anything you can get under $200.00 in Queenstown at that time of year is good.

West Des Moines...
Level Contributor
66 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queenstown Motel Apartments

We stayed in the Queenstown Holdiay park. It was basically a cabin like unit. Full Kitchen, bath, and could sleep 5 110$NZ per night. Clean and neat I'd stay there again.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
516 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queenstown Motel Apartments

We stayed at The Lofts in Queenstown, a mixture of apartments and little duplex chalets. It was very central but didn't have a view. We were lucky to get something so central for New Year last Jan. It was a bit faded and I'm sure you'll get better recommendations.

Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Queenstown Motel Apartments

Nothing wrong with this property, except 1. you won't have great views [wrong side of road], & 2. it is only 1km to centre of town but that is a short sharp climb home. Suggest you explore the Destination Queenstown website accom' listings. Cheers

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Queenstown Motel Apartments

Hi there,

My name is Dianne Smith, I am part of the family owned and operated team that runs Queenstown Motel Apartments.

You mention that you were “looking for something within walking distance to center of town, not too hilly, great views”…

Well you’ve found us!

If you are wondering about the views from our property you can check us out on street view, where you will be able to see our superb setting first hand.

…yellow.co.nz/accommodation/…

Regarding going to town, we recommend walking which is only 700 metres and give all our guests a map. We mark the shortcut, an easy gradient which I describe as “5 minutes down, 7 minutes back, depending on how much you have eaten, drunk or shopped.” If you’ve done too much of any of these it is only about $5.00 in a taxi!

Your observation that we have mostly first time advisors is something we find interesting too…The people who have posted reviews of our property must have stayed with other accommodation providers throughout the country. The fact that they choose only to post comments about us is something we consider to be a testament to our exceptional standards of facilities and customer service.

We would love for you to come and stay with us when you visit Queenstown and to provide you with the opportunity to write a review of your own personal experiences.

For further information please visit our website: http://www.qma.co.nz

The easiest way to guarantee a lake view room is to book your accommodation directly with myself via email: stay@qma.co.nz and specifically request a lake view room or better still, mention this discussion from trip advisor forums.

Yours sincerely

Dianne Smith.

6. Re: Queenstown Motel Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 13:01
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,941 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Queenstown Motel Apartments

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. My attention has been diverted to more pressing matters, but I should be ready to book Queenstown shortly.

8. Re: Queenstown Motel Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2010, 06:17