We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in October

Ireland
8 posts
Save Topic
Skiing in October

When will the ski fields around Queenstown close this year, I'll be there early October & hoping to get out on the snow!!

Thanks

Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in October

Cardrona: 3rd October 2010

Coronet Peak: 3rd October 2010

The Remarkables: 10th October 2010

Treble Cone: 3rd October 2010

Ireland
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing in October

Thanks, looks like the itinerary needs tweaking! Are those dates set in stone? Do you know about Mt Ruapehu?

Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing in October

Closing dates governed by conditions - judging by weather this winter closing is unlikely to be later.

The projected closing date of the 2010 winter season for Whakapapa and Turoa Ski Areas is the 25th of October - same deal

Ireland
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing in October

Thanks for the info. We were planning on spending 5 days skiing in Queenstown from October 4th so it would have to be The Remarkables, I'm hoping the conditions there are ok by the time we arrive. I suppose we could squeeze a day or two more in on the North Island & ski there, oh decisions decisions!

5. Re: Skiing in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 05:18