We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out with kids in Queenstown

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Queensland...
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Eating out with kids in Queenstown

Any suggestions on good places to eat out in Queenstown with kids (6 and 10 years old). My boys have big appetites and wide taste ranges (not just nuggets and chips ;-)) Someone told me that FINZ do kids meals free before 6pm. Is this true? Love to hear your ideas as I don't want to cook every night on our trip.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
327 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out with kids in Queenstown

Lonestar is great for kids, they will enjoy it!

Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out with kids in Queenstown

On arrival grab a copy of local free tabloid "Lakes Weekly Bulletin". Look at calendar inside to see all dining deals by weekday. Many are family-friendly venues & the early-bird or 2for1 deals will drive your holiday dollar further. Personally I think that families with sophisticated palates will enjoy eating at most Queenstown restaurants ...................it's more about how big your wallet is.

Sunshine Coast, Qld
Level Contributor
367 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out with kids in Queenstown

The "Fergburger" does great burgers - they are huge and definitely a decent meal. My kids also enjoyed the pizzas at "The Cow" restaurant and the Indian restaurant (sorry, can't remember the name) that we visited.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating out with kids in Queenstown

Thanks for the tips....sounds like we are in for a treat! The kids have been checking out the websites for these places and are keen to go on a culinary trip around Queenstown.

UK
Level Contributor
422 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating out with kids in Queenstown

Winnies do amazing pizzas with some fantastic toppings. Good atmosphere too, and when we were there we found some vouchers in a free local paper for a free drink with the meal.

6. Re: Eating out with kids in Queenstown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 05:22